Shopping cart Shopping cart
Your shopping cart is empty
Back to Event

Downtown Sidewalk Vending Requirements

Please note: These provisions do not apply outside of the downtown areas depicted in the downloadable maps below. Communication with the Office of Economic Development is for sites located within the Downtown Overlay Zone only. If you are seeking a sidewalk café, restaurant or bar permit, or a sidewalk vending permit for outside of the Downtown Overlay Zone, please contact the Duval County Tax Collector's Office at (904) 630-1916.

Operating a Downtown Sidewalk Café, Restaurant or Bar
Pursuant to Chapter 250, Part 8 of the City Code, the City of Jacksonville established the permitting process for those operators using the Public Right of Way (sidewalk(s) fronting their establishment) for Downtown sidewalk cafés, restaurants or bars. This process required all downtown cafés, restaurants and bars that use the sidewalk outside their establishment to submit information and acquire a permit from the Office of Economic Development 
Failure to comply with Chapter 250, Part 8 of the City Code may result in revocation or suspension of your permit, a fine may be issued by the City of Jacksonville, and you will be required to remove all tables, chairs, serving equipment, etc. used in operations of the sidewalk café, restaurant or bar.

For complete information regarding Sidewalk Vending and applications, click here!

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Jim Klement, Redevelopment Coordinator, at (904) 630-2689 or by email at


City of Jacksonville, FL
Accommodations for persons with disabilities are available upon request.
Visit our accessibility page for more information.  |  Need help? 904-630-CITY (2489)  v0.0.9.4